Monday, August 22, 2016

Bridal/Bridesmaid Shirts | Iron-On Glitter Vinyl W/OUT Printer Cutter

Hola!

I spent an AMAZING weekend in OC for my best friend's bachelorette party! The Bridal Party and I wanted to make sure that we looked like #squadgoals when heading out. So, I decided to design some shirts for the bridesmaids and the bride... I know I know.. very popular nowadays! hehe But I saw this as an opportunity to play with printing out my own iron-on decals. Yes! 

As I thought of a design, I knew I wanted GLITTER! :) What girl doesn't love glitter!? So, I found an awesome Bride and Bride Squad design that I loved, and knew it would look great in a gold glitter. One Problem.. I have NO FANCY printer (i.e. Cricut Printer) that would "cut" the design onto the decal. And I had no plans on paying over $100 for a printer, otherwise I would just buy shirts... 

Tools I used: 
   -Cricut Iron-On Glitter , $11.49 on Amazon
   -Black Tank for Bridesmaids and White Tank for Bride :)
   - Iron-On Transfers for Dark Shirts 

What I did:

1. After falling in love with a "Bride Squad" design, I placed the design in WORD. After placing the design in WORD, I flipped the design. So, it appeared backwards. This was probably the only confusing part of the entire process. How do you do it, you ask? Well, right-click the text box and choose format shape. Then choose 3-D rotation in left pane and change the X setting to 180. Click OK, and Word flips the text in text box! Mirror Image...




2. After printing out my squad designs on regular paper, I cut the design off of the paper. Then I taped the design on the dull side of the Glitter iron-on. 



3. With an X-Acto knife, I traced the design. Ensuring it was not cutting through the entire sheet but cutting enough for me to peel off later. When I was done, I peeled off the excess glitter sheet, only leaving the lettering of the design made. 





4. Flip your sheet over, then boom! You can iron-on. Place cardboard in-between the shirt, and a cloth over the transfer sheet as you iron on the design. 
For my #squadgoals on back, I simple typed it in WORD. Then printed onto the transfer sheets. Since it is for dark clothes, you DO NOT need to flip the image. Simply print, peel and iron on. There will be excess white space if you do not have a full image, so I had to cut out my lettering neatly. 












Final product was great! It was simple but cute :) And everyone loved them which is always a plus! We also saved over $50 bucks going the DIY route, instead of purchasing pre-made shirts!!


Let me know your thoughts!! :) 

xoxo  Keyda








No comments:

Post a Comment