Sunday, August 7, 2016

Favorite Projects of 2015 | Wedding Memories

I know it is August of 2016...Hey! this is my first post, so I figured I would start my blog with my top five favorite projects from last year! :) I will be celebrating my one year anniversary this August, which is very exciting and crazy all in one. All of my wedding decor was DIY and it saved me tons $$. Overall we only spend $500 on decor :D :D and were able to spend money on the important things like music and food!! #yummy 

It only makes sense that some of my fave projects of last year were from my wedding. 

1. Flower "Wall" 
        I love the concept of a flower wall and how awesome they look. However, they are quite expensive, at least the ones I wanted of course! After some youtube and thinking, I had my very own flower wall that added much needed romance to my rustic look. 

 2. Our "Guest Book"
         My husband Mark and I wanted something that we could see daily within our home, and not your standard "guest book". Going along with our rustic theme, I bought a wood pallet plaque  and first letter of our names. With my wedding colors in paint, I painted the letters and plaque. We then used glue sticks to attach the letters to the plaque. Perfecto!   It now has heart warming messages from friends and family, and is hanging within our home!




   3. "Dollar Store" Center Pieces 
             So, glassware can cost close to $4 or more depending on what you want. So, with 10-12 tables, I decided to only spend $1 on the bottle and mason jar. I went to a Dollar Tree and bought both items below for ONLY $1 :D ... Then I spray painted them in my wedding color, which literally only took 30 minutes max. **Side note: I got my flowers from the Farmer's Market for only $60. **  



    4/5. Ribbon Wands & Program Fans 
                    Program Fans are quite popular for summer weddings. There are tons of templates with a quick search that you can make your own. You simply design, cut, and adhere to the stick. I took the easy way out and bought these with some double sided tape or glue. Made my life 100 times easier when I needed to get things done quickly! 
                     These ribbon wands are quite expensive when searching but they were the most time consuming project for my wedding. However, I was quite proud of myself for making 115 wands all on my own saving over $60. I bought ribbons in my wedding colors (with some dazzle..polk a dots) and wooden dowel rods. All you need after the ribbons and rods, is your handy glue gun. Cut the ribbon to a length you want, the roll about 1-1 1/2 inch around rod over hot glue. Press and hold then you have a wand! Personally, I had a knife or something near by to press down so I didn't "burn" my fingers! 


Let me know what you think of these projects! If you were a DIY bride, share some of your projects! :) 

Can't wait to share my sewing project and DIY Iron-on project this week! 

xoxo 
Makeyda 

2 comments:

  1. I still have my stick n stuff��. I was so mad I bike my Mason jar. Would have thought you did all that. Get it!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete